The Synchrony Tech Careers Scholarship
Welcome! Below is the application for OAR's 2022 Synchrony Tech Careers Scholarship.
The Synchrony Tech Careers Scholarship supports autistic adults with obtaining professional, tech-related credentialing and certifications to help them enter or advance their careers in the technology sector. Acceptable certificate/certification programs include but are not limited to the following areas: game/app development, cyber security, web development, machine learning, data analytics, cloud computing, ethical hacking, and artificial intelligence. Two or four-year degree programs are not eligible for this scholarship.
Funding: Scholarship awards can range from $500 - $5,000 depending on the applicant's desired technology-related certification program. Funds can be applied to cover tuition and/or program-related expenses (e.g. exams, books, etc.).
- Open to all autistic adults 18 years of age or older and eligible to work in the United States
- Have a documented medical or educational autism diagnosis
- Selected certification program must be able to be completed in approximately 1 year of award date (Sept./Oct. 2022)
- Preference will be given to applicants registered on the Hire Autism website
Application: You do not need to complete this application all in one sitting. You may save the application as a draft until it is complete and then submit it when you are done. The application includes:
- Basic demographic information
- Responses to essay questions - (written answers, audio recording, or slideshow are accepted)
- Program description and course schedule (if available)
- A letter of recommendation from a non-relative
Note: You do not need to include proof of diagnosis with the application. OAR will only require proof of diagnosis from applicants identified as finalists. However, each applicant should review the Proof of Diagnosis Checklist on OAR’s website before applying to ensure that they will have the required documentation if chosen as a finalist. Proof of diagnosis is based on diagnostic criteria from the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), either DSM-IV or DSM-V.
Scholarship applications will be accepted through Wednesday, August 31 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
For more information on any of OAR's scholarships, please refer to our Scholarships page or our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page. If you have further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (703) 517-8736.